Recent Fishing Reports by Author
- CarolinaExplorer fishing report 6-13: The fishing has remained steady with red drum, trout, flounder, spanish mackerel, and blues. Call 910-264-1807 and book your trip today... - Posted to Carolina Explorer Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Robert SchoonmakerHello everyone. We have had wind and more wind since Tropical storm Andrea. I fished through the storm and everyone had a good time and caught fish. Inshore we are catching red drum on lures and live bait. Gulp shrimp and top water plugs have been catching the reds as well as mullet and mud minnows on Carolina rigs. We have been picking up a few flounder and trout on the lures and live baits. Lots of fun no matter your skill level. We can catch them on lures or bait, your choice.
Just off the beach the water the.. (Read More)
- Seahawk Inshore Fishing Report 6/9/13 Summertime Inshore and Backwater Fishing is Here!!! Reds, Flounder, Speckled Trout, Sheephead, Black Drum, Tripletails and Bluefish - Posted to Seahawk Charters Fishing Report by Fishingsouthport Press
The inshore and backwater fishing is heating up and should be getting better as we head into the beginning of the summer fishing season. We have had some tough days mixed in with lots of good days recently. Hopefully the inshore fishing will become more consistent with the flounder and sheephead starting to show in the inshore and backwaters. We have caught reds, speckled trout, and black drum into the spring and it will be nice to have a few more options. June is typically one of the best months of the.. (Read More)
- Fishing report 10-19-12 - Posted to Capt. James Lucas Charters by Fishingsouthport PressKure Beach Pier had a good week with catches of Spots, Pompano, Flounder, Bluefish and some Big Red Drum 40in. So I have been told.
Down at Fort Fisher to Bald Head Island we are catching Red Drum, Founders, Pompano, Va.Mullet, Speckled Trout.
Call Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters (910)279-0585
Capt.James Lucas of Grand Slam Charters
.. (Read More)
- Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach Fishing Report - 4/11/12 - Posted to Charlie's Charters Fishing Report by Capt. CharlesThe water temp is up and getting warmer every day. We are catching some nice whiting around the Bald Head Island area, some of these fish are in the 2lb range. These fish put a nice fight for the kids. The trick to catching these fish is to use the freshest shrimp you can find, not frozen. We are starting to see some nice speckled trout around the islands in the Cape Fear River using live shrimp on a float rig. The new penny DOAs are also working well. The red drum.. (Read More)
- Cape Fear Fishing - Posted to Cape Fear Guide Fishing Report by Capt. Mike DennisCape Fear River seems to be the place that comes to most anglers minds when looking a place to catch red drum,flounder,speckle trout.If you are visiting the Cape Fear Region,the most logical thing to do would be to call the Cape Fear Guide,Capt Mike Dennis.
Fall fishing is here in the Cape Fear Region of North Carolina,now is the time to get out enjoy the great outdoors,Capt.Mike reports that red drum bite has improved over the last few days with charters limiting out on slot size red fish.[caption id="attachment_391" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Red Fishing with the Cape Fear Guide"] (Read More)
- Reaction Charters inshore near shore fishing report - Posted to Reaction Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Mark ArmstrongWith the fluctuations in the weather lately, the fishing has been just as unpredictable. We have had several days with outstanding numbers of redfish and have had some slow days also. With the warm weather creeping back the redfish bite will become more consistent. The flounder and trout will also be showing up in good numbers soon. Several flounder have already been caught and we had a 14” speckled trout last week! The redfish have been schooled up in large schools throughout the day but as the water heats up they will start to disperse during the higher tide.. (Read More)
- Reel Adventure Charters Report - Posted to Reel-Adventure Charters Fishing Report by Capt. Matt WirtOur fishing trips out of Wrightsville and Carolina Beach have been doing awesome. We are still having a awesome time with the 30-100 lb sharks and have had many half days that caught sharks until they could physically not do it any longer! We are catching them on cut bait or dead bait trolled mid water column and are also sight casting to the schools of them that are feeding heavily on by-catch. We just increased our heavier spinning tackle to 60 lb Spider Wire Stealth braided line to handle these beasts! If you have never sight casted.. (Read More)
- Hey Flounder Fishermen & Women - Posted to Capt. John's Fishing Reports by Capt. John Pagenstecher
The fishing is still a little up and down but it is getting much better. This past week the Flounder have become much more consistent, producing about 4 or 5 per trip.
Early in the week Melissa Pahel and Kevin Kindred went out fishing and picked up nice Redfish, Speckled Trout, and Flounder… A “Cape Fear Slam”
Melissa Pahel and her 20″ Speckled Trout
Kevin Kindred showing off his 24" Redfish
On Tuesday the Organ family Naperville, Ill. went out and caught 5.. (Read More)